Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

You've got to be kidding

Some of you may know that I have a rule for cereal in the U.S. : It has to cost $2.00 or less for me to buy it. Occasionally I have to violate that rule when there are absolutely no name brands or trusted generics that cost that little. Here, since everything is imported from France, there is no chance that I can find cereal that cheap. However, I have a new 3€ rule, which actually works out pretty well. I have to buy generics, but they're tasty. Most of the name brands cost about 4-5€. But the other day, I saw this:



At first, the box of cereal looks innocuous. But look closer.



Almost 8€ for a box of cereal. Seriously. That works out to almost $11. I wouldn't buy an $11 box of cereal even if it were Alpha-Bits in IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment