Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Relaxing

This morning, I got up quite early to go to church to be able to recruit after the service. I have to say, the stamina of the Adventists is remarkable. Three hours of singing, lessons, stories, discussion groups, and a sermon. I'm proud of making it through even one service, and they do it every week. Luckily, it paid off, as I now have more subjects than I need for this phase of the project, which allows me to schedule interviews even if not everyone is available.

After that, I just hung out with Dayale's family for the rest of the day, eating lunch, showing off the Haitian Creole-English dictionary that my university (my dissertation co-director) produced in tandem with a Haitian dictionary team, and just talking about all sorts of stuff. Then I came home, watched an episode of Doctor Who, and came to the university campus, which is absolutely empty, making the wi-fi super fast, allowing me to download things with ease.

There's also a slight possibility that I will be actually leaving the Cayenne area for the first time next week. Dominique is leaving, and I might get a ride to and from the border region of Oiapoque/St. Georges. If I do, there will be a lot of pictures to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment