Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Montabo Hill

I woke up a bit early today to beat the intense sun to go climb Montabo Hill, an easy hike that I have in my handy-dandy guidebook to hikes in the region. I packed my iPod (for the first time since I got here), my guidebook and my sunglasses and set out. It was a great hike. I saw a few cool animals, including the spider, lizard, and birds seen below, as well as a monkey and butterflies that just proved too elusive for my amateur camera skills. Even though I went alone, I was able to get a few good shots of myself, as requested. I also found some great views of the ocean, including the third picture, which is my new desktop photo.
















Notice the spikes on this tree. In the local creole, this is a pegn makak (literally a monkey comb(er)).

This is a picture of a sponge that magically made its way into the forest.



This was a restuarant at the end of the trail.





There's a bird on the big rock on the right.


This was a gate at a dojo.




(For those curious, this was my old desktop photo:)

No comments:

Post a Comment