Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Food, glorious food

Today I fulfilled two more food cravings, since I've run out of food in the house and I forgot to go to the supermarket. The first was for a crêpe; that one was a waste of money. The crêpe itself was bland, the cheese was a weak Swiss (tolerable), and the ham was good but I needed more flavor. I really shouldn't buy crêpes that don't have sugar in them; I always wind up unsatisfied.

Then tonight, I had a local specialty. They're called accras. It's a type of fried dough, but with meat ground up into the dough itself, then fried.They were 8 for 2 €, and I bought one order each of cod (pictured above) and chicken (below) thinking I could eat them all. But I got halfway through both and I was full, though I might heat up some frozen veggies and have them with leftover pasta sauce if I have room and I'm feeling guilty about the amount of fried food I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment