Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Interview!

So here's what happened: A half hour before, I called the interviewer and one of the interviewees, both of whom had asked me to remind them shortly before
and the interviewer could make it, but the interviewee had, for the second time, completely forgotten about it and was far away with no transportation. I arrived at the house of where the interview was to take place, and there I was informed that the other interviewee could not be reached. He was out wandering or whatever. So, while waiting for my friend to call me back to see if she could arrive late bu still make it at all, a Haitian friend of one of the men passed by. We told him what was going on, and he agreed to help us out. So now, I have an interview with two of the same participants, and a third, new participant, but they are all Haitians. Now I can directly compare the changes in speech, if any. It's not the interview I wanted (with two new particpants, including a woman), but it's an acceptable replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment