Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Working hard

Now that I’m settled in, I can get to work. This morning I spent most of my time on my dissertation project, adjusting the forms I need to get approval from my university to do this project. Luckily, for the stage I’m at right now, official approval isn’t necessary, since I’m just piloting the project. Still, I want to be sure that I can use the data I get own here in the final project if at all possible, so getting the approval soon is better.

After lunch with my landlady, her significant other, and her son, she and I went food-shopping. This was surprisingly difficult because these are jours gras, i.e. the days before Ash Wednesday. While not officially days off, in the Caribbean, they are frequently taken off anyway.

The evening was spent in the internet cafe, and I've got an hour walk back home. It's actually kind of relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment