Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bathrooms

When I was looking for apartments, I was caught off-guard by the fact that all the showers were in a different room than the toilets. I remembered way back in my French classes in junior high that we were told about this. And of course, I've lived in France before, but there it was different: the showers, toilets, and sinks were all separate. And the last time I was in Cayenne, the shower and toilet cohabitated quite peacefully. And after I'd gotten used to the whole separation of toilet and shower, I used the bathroom at a friend's apartment (something I rarely do), and there was a bathroom complete with all three. This was an apartment reserved for French government employees, mind you. Oh, and even when they're separate, there's no predicting which room the sink will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment