Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting ready to go

In all likelihood, this will be my last post from French Guiana. I'm scheduled to be booked solid from tomorrow morning until my departure. It is bittersweet. I really like it here, despite all the headaches and all the exorbitant prices. I enjoy the people, I enjoy the food, I like living in a place where I get to learn new languages and explore things. I would love to take people here, get people interested in this region, let them see both the beauty and the potential of the area. At the same time, I'm excited to go home, enjoy domestic life, start teaching again, earning money, and starting my dissertation writing and analysis in earnest. I'll have a good post when I return to the U.S. about several awkward moments that I've refrained from writing about. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment