Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back-ups

Every once in a while, things go very wrong. For that, it's important to have back-up plans. Take last night. I was supposed to have a recording session with one of my participants. He told me to call him the day before to confirm. I called him the day before, and the day of, and yet I got no response. No time to panic! I called the other participant, who was available to come downtown for a conversation session with his girlfriend. I grabbed my equipment and headed downtown. We found a quiet park bench and started to talk. Then I noticed something: the voice recorder wasn't working because it was too full, and it wasn't erasing easily. No need to panic! The other one was working fine. After a little while, I managed to erase the files taking up all the room, and started recording. We talked talked talked then I heard a strange beep: The battery was dying. No worries! I had spares in my bag. Always have a backup!

No comments:

Post a Comment