Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Only

To make my phone calls down here, I have a cell phone, the same one I bought over a year ago. I bought it from this company called Only. Only is the “cheap” brand of cell phone service. The phone cost me 30 euros and is really just a basic, barebones phone. I can make calls and send texts, and take some grainy pictures, but that’s pretty much it. And the reception is less than stellar. Still, it serves its function.

However, over the last few days, I’ve noticed a disturbing trend: None of the small grocery stores where I used to buy my credits seem to have the phone cards. I went to at least 6 different stores, both downtown and near me, all of whom said they were out. One only had cards worth 3 euros, which I bought a few days ago and quickly ran out. Today, after going to 4 of those 6 stores, I finally found another card worth 20 euros. I had to make a quick decision: keep looking and only buying as I needed (thus risking not being able to find replacements) or spending too much money for minutes I might never use. I quickly decided that it was better to be safe than sorry, and I can now make phone calls. Hallelujah.

No weird food today. Check back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment