Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Barbecue

So some of you might have noticed that the other day I said I was going to a barbecue, and then I didn’t talk about it. Well I had gotten the day of the party mixed up. It was last night, and again tonight. It was a party being thrown in celebration of the baptism of two Haitian twins. My friend brought me, telling me that at the party it was probably all going to be Haitians, and that I should expect that he and I would be the only white people there, which we were. But it was fun, good food (albeit not much of a variety). And everyone was very nice, and they all had opinions about the premise of my work, telling me that the local creole is “heavier” than Haitian and that they need to speak the local creole to get by. I might get pictures today. Last night, it slipped my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment