Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today's adventure

Today I went to meet the Haitian priest early this morning. Except he wasn’t there. So I took advantage of a free morning and went exploring, walking along the highway (in the bike lane or on the sidewalk), and catching the following sites, before finally landing at Super U, a REAL supermarket.







They had everything I needed including cheap(-ish) sunscreen as well as a good selection of food at reasonable prices. I didn’t buy much since I’d just gone food shopping, but as I left, I was stopped because my digital recorder (still in the plastic packaging to protect it from the rain) set off alarms as I left. Once they saw that they did not in fact carry the item, I was allowed to leave. I went back to the priest’s office, and again, he wasn’t there. I went back one more time an hour later and he was finally there and but not able to converse for very long. We set an appointment for Thursday afternoon as well as dinner that night. Then I ran into Jorge and I made him a small dinner because he had blood drawn today but hadn’t eaten anything. In a little while I’ve got an appointment with my tentative interviewer, to discuss what he would have to do and whether he has enough contacts to do several interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment