Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Charged up!

I'm at the Indianapolis Airport. I was about to sit down with my computer, write a short message to my adviser, and then get a bit of work done. I opened my bag, took out my computer and reached for the charger. Panic! No charger! How was I going to survive a month in French Guiana doing linguistic work without a computer? Luckily, this is not the first time I've had issues with a power cord. Earlier this year, my computer stopped accepting power from the cord on a trip to Baltimore, a city best known for its crabs (how sad). I'd found a replacement power cord in the Baltimore Airport Brookstone for some absurd amount of money. So immediately I went to the Indianapolis Brookstone. Lo and behold, there it was, for again, some absurd amount of money. Unlike the last time, I actually went ahead and paid it (it was actually only $80, which is a lot but acceptable). So I came back here to type out said message followed by a blog post saying how relieved I was. I turned on the computer, wrote the e-mail, and then noticed my power icon was still showing the battery rather than the cord icon. Panic! This expensive piece of equipment had failed me. Quickly I ran to another outlet to see if it worked there. Success! It worked! I will have computer access in Cayenne! I used far too many exclamation points in this message!

They've just called me to board. I'll post again soon. I mean, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment