Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ceviche

Today Jorge came by early so we could make ceviche and then go to the beach. I prepared all the non-fish ingredients, while Jorge went around the corner to a Colombian friend’s apartment to prepare the fish and cook the yucca.






He came over a short time later and invited me to the apartment where we would have more space.



So we went over together to finish the ceviche, using additional fish and lemon from the friend’s apartment to make a lunch not only for the two of us, but for the other four adults, who also pitched in to help us prepare the food, including a great potato salad. I was especially impressed when Jorge, deciding the lemons were not quite ripe enough to juice, bounced the lemons hard against the floor to soften them up. Ingenious. In the end, it was a delicious, filling meal, and I am definitely going to start cooking yucca when I get back to the U.S.



By the time we were done preparing everything, there was no time left to go to the beach before it was time for the Mexico-Argentina game, so we pushed the beach trip back to another day, and the family we ate with and watched the game with will come with us. I have to say that they were all very friendly, especially a small child who spoke Spanish and who knew I spoke Spanish but would only speak to me in French. It was a nice, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment